PDA

View Full Version : 17inch PowerBook Owners-Ports?!?

Jay42
Oct 16, 2005, 03:58 PM
This is really bugging me! I was looking at the Apple PowerBook site and it listed some sort of bluetooth port (?) when you moused over the 17 inch model. None of the other models had this. What am I missing? Is it a typo?

Demon Hunter
Oct 16, 2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah that's weird, I dunno. Maybe they wanted to show where the Bluetooth was... just for the 17"? :confused:

TheMonarch
Oct 16, 2005, 04:01 PM
Well, the 17 has 2 USB ports, and Apple does sell USB BT modules. But still a little odd considering it already has BT. Meh, I dunno, maybe thats where the built-in BT module resides (doubt it though)?

Jay42
Oct 16, 2005, 04:13 PM
I wonder how long its been like that? I assume they haven't changed it from the last update? Weird... :confused:

pdpfilms
Oct 16, 2005, 05:49 PM
This is really bugging me! I was looking at the Apple PowerBook site and it listed some sort of bluetooth port (?) when you moused over the 17 inch model. None of the other models had this. What am I missing? Is it a typo?

My guess is they meant to label it as "Bluetooth Antenna", as the Airport Antenna is labelled.

Jay42
Oct 16, 2005, 05:53 PM
Im talking about the bluetooth label on the side under "USB 2.0". There wouldn't be a BT antenna there, would there?