PDA

View Full Version : iPod won't play purchased songs

igucl
Oct 16, 2005, 07:31 PM
I have recently noticed just within the past couple weeks that my iPod seems to randomly not play songs that it has selected by shuffle. It will select a song and display its title, try to play it, and then skip to the next selection.

I figured maybe some files were corrupted or some such. But then today I purchased some music from iTMS, transferred it to the iPod, and noticed that none of these songs will play on the iPod. There must be some connection between this behavior of skipping tracks and the purchased status of a song.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

:confused: Thanks.

danny_w
Oct 17, 2005, 03:04 PM
There is a big discussion of this in the Apple forums, but no solution as of yet AFAIK. Good thing I don't have any purchased music (it is all ripped from my CD collection).

Jay42
Oct 17, 2005, 03:07 PM
Yep common problem. My mom's iPod mini has the same issue. You can make a data CD with your purchased music and then delete it off your HD and re-import the CD. The only thing that would work for me.

C'mon Apple FIX THIS! We shouldn't have to break your rules to fix problems with your products. Now we're starting to sound like another software company that comes to mind :eek:!

igucl
Oct 17, 2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, they better do something quick. :(

I wasn't having this problem until about a week ago.

Applespider
Oct 17, 2005, 03:49 PM
I've had this a couple of times. Resetting/restoring the iPod worked for me until it started doing it so often that I took it back in and the Genius replaced it. He felt that it was likely something to do with the software if it happened on the new one. His next option would have been to try reinstalling iTunes, consolidating the Library and seeing what happened next.