PDA

View Full Version : Hmm? Display check on mountain lion

Sleepy01
Mar 6, 2013, 10:22 PM
Is it me or did Apple get rid of the display manufacturer check on the mountain lion. You know checking if its LG vs Samsung on Terminal interface. Just wondering because I bought my mom a new macbook air and I am configuring and setting up it for her right now. I guess they got tired of people complaining about LG screens

----------

Meh, the screen looks good. So it does not really matter.

justperry
Mar 6, 2013, 10:23 PM
Was it this command?

ioreg -lw0 | grep \"EDID\" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

There is more noise here that the command does not work on 13" rMBP but does on 15"

I think the command can be wrong, the OS and HW has to know the make of the display.

Sleepy01
Mar 6, 2013, 10:25 PM
Was it this command?

ioreg -lw0 | grep \"EDID\" | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

There is more noise here that the command does not work on 13" rMBP but does on 15"

I think the command can be wrong, the OS and HW has to know the make of the display.

Yea, thats the command I used

justperry
Mar 6, 2013, 10:32 PM
Yea, thats the command I used

I just used ioreg -lw0 without Grep and found a display identifier, but, on this Mac it will not be worth anything, it's a Mac Mini, does not have a display.

I am pretty sure that somewhere it is in ioreg but it's a long list, try it yourself and then search for "display".

Sleepy01
Mar 6, 2013, 10:41 PM
Found it. Apperently its not either Samsung or LG. It's AUO

justperry
Mar 6, 2013, 10:50 PM
Found it. Apperently its not either Samsung or LG. It's AUO

Hmm, they seem to be good AFAIK, the Air does not seem to have problems with it's display.

Sleepy01
Mar 6, 2013, 11:00 PM
Hmm, they seem to be good AFAIK, the Air does not seem to have problems with it's display.

Seems fine to me even though I never heard of AUO before now