PDA

View Full Version : This file server is available on your computer, access the files and volumes locally

mrshultz
Mar 7, 2013, 04:23 AM
Hi all,

We have a consultant who uses a macbook pro to access the internet and a windows share within our network. He has been accessing the internet and the windows share fine for over 4 weeks and this morning he can no longer access the internet or this windows share. I have got the error down to a specific windows share which is actually a share on our domain controller hence the loss of internet. When this user plugs in via ethernet he can view all network locations as expected and can access every share successfully bar this specific one. Every time he tries to access this share he gets the following error: 'This file server is available on your computer. Access the volumes and files locally'. I have another macbook pro that can successfully access this share and no other user is experiencing this issue.

I have tried renewing leases, browsing the network in finder, using 'cmd + k' all produce the same message. I've also checked in go/computer and there is no share there for me to eject. Before posting on here I found this post: however it hasn't worked for this user

The user is running Mountain Lion

Any ideas?

Adam

satcomer
Mar 7, 2013, 08:22 AM
Sounds lie a Kerberos problem. Make sure the Mac is using the same clock source as the Windows share of the Domain and the wireless router is using the same clock as the Domain..

Also on the Mac have the person go to System Preferences->Network and (at the top of the Network pane) and make a new location by selecting 'Edit'. In the mini-pop-up click the + sign to create a 'Work' location. Save using al the saves and Network main page's 'Apply' button and reconnect to the wireless. Also in the Network System Preference pane make sure you click the 'Advanced' button and in the drop-down select the mini-tab Use the same name in the domain controller uses for his smb sharing.