Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dekoy316

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in the market for an ultrabook, and am seriously considering the Macbook Air. One thing I would need though is readily available access to windows for development purposes. Most of the articles I can find are a couple years old, or conflicting. So, I'm here asking for current feedback.

How hard does running Windows 7 impact battery life on the newest air models?

Thanks in advance.
-Dan

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm currently in the market for an ultrabook, and am seriously considering the Macbook Air. One thing I would need though is readily available access to windows for development purposes. Most of the articles I can find are a couple years old, or conflicting. So, I'm here asking for current feedback.

How hard does running Windows 7 impact battery life on the newest air models?

Thanks in advance.
-Dan

Here's an interesting article comparing battery life between different laptops (including Windows on a Mac).

http://www.zdnet.com/the-other-hidden-cost-of-running-windows-on-a-mac-battery-life-7000000906/

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
My experience on my MBA running Win 7 is if you run it with Aero disabled, battery life is pretty close to what you'd get in OSX. With it enabled however it's quite a bit less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.