Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ncage1974

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Hopefully someone has seen both the icarbons & bodyguardz carbon skins. Any recommendations on which is better. At first i thought the bodyguardz was cheaper but it doesn't look like it is now. They are both about $50. Also i seen an xgear carbon skin that is about $15 cheaper. They all look like they are going to be a pain to install. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks...

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
I'm a fan of the icarbons products. They are very well made and fit well.

Be aware that as of about a week ago, icarbons no longer can do the apple cutout on the top skin (thanks for nothing Apple).

Ncage1974

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
I'm a fan of the icarbons products. They are very well made and fit well.

Be aware that as of about a week ago, icarbons no longer can do the apple cutout on the top skin (thanks for nothing Apple).

Thanks for the reply. Can you go in a little more deal why icarbons can't do the cutout on the top skin? You mean that can't cut out the skin on the top so you can see the logo? Doesn't make sense why apple would stop that.

Thors.Hammer

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2012
Not that I have any experience with the company but that's probably gonna lose them a whole lotta business.

Agreed. Apparently someone forgot to pay Apple the logo tax.

Attachments

• Retina_Carbon.jpg
    Retina_Carbon.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 117
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.