Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
So I have Google Apps Mail Hosting(Free Version), and I'm really not satisfied with the performance lately since they took away the resources they had in it. I am grandfathered in on the ActiveSync, and it just doesn't do a great job when I delete a message on the desktop then deleting it on the mobile, marking as read, etc.

I think I want to go to a different solution. I see RackSpack, but at $12.00 a month it seems like a lot of $$ to spend on an email host for one email address.

Are there any other cheap\free email hosting companies out there that I can use?

Thanks!

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
I'm quite happy with Rackspace especially since I'm grandfathered at $2/month!

I've actually had this mail service since it was MailTrust. RackSpace bought MailTrust some time ago.

When Rackspace started offering ActiveSync, I added that and switched my iDevices over, and it added $1/month to the $1/month that I was already paying...

Actually, I think I pay $4/month for two separate inboxes and domains (personal and company).

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I'm quite happy with Rackspace especially since I'm grandfathered at $2/month!

Yeah rackspace looks nice, but the $2 a month requires a 5 mailbox minimum, and for $10 a month, not a bargain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.