PDA

View Full Version : The Times & iTunes offer free Bloc Party

MacBytes
Oct 17, 2005, 09:14 AM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Deals and Coupons
Link: The Times & iTunes offer free Bloc Party (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20051017101425)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

Applespider
Oct 17, 2005, 09:23 AM
Hmm, I wonder if this is a continuation of the 8 weeks of free mixed 'albums' they did over the summer. I hope so... there's been some interesting music on them so far.

Btw, it's UK/ROI only.

devilot
Oct 17, 2005, 09:32 AM
Just bought the Bloc Party album a couple of days ago. I like them! Didn't at first, but they have definitely grown on me.

asif786
Oct 17, 2005, 09:45 AM
Just bought the Bloc Party album a couple of days ago. I like them! Didn't at first, but they have definitely grown on me.

The Engineers Mix of 'Blue Light' is absolutely fantastic - I suggest you take a listen..

In terms of this promo, I just left my email. They emailed and said:

Dear Asif,

Thank you for registering for The Times iTunes promotion. Due to unforseen technical difficulties we are unable to give you your code at this time, instead it will be sent to you in a separate email next week.

We are striving to produce innovative promotions that give our readers access to the best digital content available so please accept our apologies whilst we fine tune our systems.

If you have any questions please reply to this email or send them to music.promotion@thetimes.co.uk

The Times

damn :rolleyes:

Kernow
Oct 17, 2005, 09:46 AM

Same here. I didn't get his voice at first, but I gradually found the songs creeping into my head and getting stuck there and now it is up there in the 25 most played in iTunes.

I haven't heard this remix they are offering, so I'll definitely check this out when I get home. I haven't really heard much from the other groups so it'll be interesting to hear them. Can't go wrong with free music. :)

devilot
Oct 17, 2005, 09:56 AM
The Engineers Mix of 'Blue Light' is absolutely fantastic - I suggest you take a listen..

damn :rolleyes:Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look them up! And hey, at least you're in the UK and can take advantage of this offer! :( Same here. I didn't get his voice at first, but I gradually found the songs creeping into my head and getting stuck there and now it is up there in the 25 most played in iTunes. I agree! His voice sound like... well like he's curling his tongue into the back of his throat. It still gets on my nerves now, but it is balanced by the really fun beats and instrumentals. :D

Wai_TungLeung
Oct 17, 2005, 11:12 AM
I fell in love with Bloc Party quite a while ago when I saw them perform on Later With Jools Holland. For anyone who likes quite a bit of indie music I would definitely recommend you give them a listen. Sounds like arty punk with a strange mad singer and a lot of drumming. Highlights including: Helicopters, So Here We Are, Like Eating Glass, Banquet (Remix), etc. :D

Kernow
Oct 17, 2005, 01:21 PM

Dear Asif,

Thank you for registering for The Times iTunes promotion. Due to unforseen technical difficulties we are unable to give you your code at this time, instead it will be sent to you in a separate email next week.

We are striving to produce innovative promotions that give our readers access to the best digital content available so please accept our apologies whilst we fine tune our systems.

If you have any questions please reply to this email or send them to music.promotion@thetimes.co.uk

The Times

damn :rolleyes:

Grr. Stupid Times. :mad: Was looking forward to this when I got home. Oh well - it will be a pleasant surprise next week when I've completely forgotten about it.

Nermal
Oct 17, 2005, 04:00 PM
Btw, it's UK/ROI only.

Didn't stop me! :D

Edit: I got the same message as Asif.

Nermal
Oct 21, 2005, 04:23 PM
OK, I just got my code :D

Kernow
Oct 21, 2005, 06:09 PM
Just got mine and downloading now. For some reason it is also downloading the video for Oh La La by Goldfrapp - an album I bought a couple of months ago. :confused: Not a problem, just confused by the timing.