PDA

View Full Version : Do app reviewers overlook minor bugs?

moonman239
Mar 10, 2013, 02:21 PM
So I just submitted my app for review. I don't know if I should publicly disclose this yet, but there is a minor bug in it. My app displays content in UITextViews. However, I left the "Editable" checkbox in each text view checked, thinking I'd just fix it using code. Bad idea, I know. I submitted it without even thinking about that problem. Do you think they'll approve it? I suppose what's more important is whether the user will get frustrated. Here's the thing: They can dismiss the keyboard, and if they accidentally erase something, reloading the page will bring whatever they erased back. If it turns out to be so big a problem that a user will likely complain about it, then I'll definitely fix it.

This little thing is kind of worrying me. I hope I have no good reason to be.

dejo
Mar 10, 2013, 10:03 PM
Pull your app from review, fix the bug and resubmit. Your users will thank you for it.

firewood
Mar 11, 2013, 10:09 AM
I've had a couple of apps with major bugs approved. Had to pull them after getting emails from customers.. I've also purchased a few apps or got updates that crashed on launch. Even though magnitudes easier than developing for Android, iOS testing all an apps function on all the OS+device combinations is still a bit of a pain. Apple may only doing some spot checks.

moonman239
Mar 15, 2013, 04:46 PM
Update: The app has been approved and will be in the App Store soon. I take it this means that bug went unnoticed. I don't think it's such a big deal, as the users can't modify the content, just the text views.

taedouni
Apr 4, 2013, 04:47 AM
Remember that if a user notices the bug and it irritates them, that they may not give you a second chance