PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air 2008 Minecraft

Applepie047704
Mar 11, 2013, 03:10 AM
Hi, I got an offer from my freind $350 for a MacBook air 2008 I'm thinking if I should buy it. I'm in year 12 and need a laptop for schooll in a few months. Will it run minecrft well on medimum setting and is it a good computer? If not can you suggest something apple that is cheap. Thanks. Plz reply :)

seveej
Mar 11, 2013, 03:20 PM
Hi, I got an offer from my freind $350 for a MacBook air 2008 I'm thinking if I should buy it. I'm in year 12 and need a laptop for schooll in a few months. Will it run minecrft well on medimum setting and is it a good computer? If not can you suggest something apple that is cheap. Thanks. Plz reply :)

If it's one of those earliest versions with an SSD and the machine's otherwise in order (2008-2009 MBA's are notorious for weak hinges) then the price is good. But whether it'll run minecraft I cannot say.

Basic Macbooks, especially the 2008 Aluminum Unibody (without dissing the later Plastic Unibody) are good machines, pop in max Ram and SSD and it'll make you smile (but keep away from the earlier machines if you have that option).

RGDS,

Stetrain
Mar 11, 2013, 05:27 PM
I would also reccomend a plain Macbook 2008 or later over the early generation Air. The CPUs were relatively pretty slow and they had some issues with throttling down because of heat.

Also important is how much RAM the Air has that you are looking at, since you cannot upgrade it yourself. With a plain Macbook you can upgrade the RAM and hard drive easily yourself which should help a lot with an older machine.

Applepie047704
Mar 12, 2013, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the help i think I'll get a MacBook white 2010 is that a good choice? :)

Stetrain
Mar 12, 2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the help i think I'll get a MacBook white 2010 is that a good choice? :)

Yes, that would be a much better choice than the 2008 Air, although it will probably cost a bit more.

It has a better CPU, better graphics card, better cooling, and you can upgrade the RAM and hard drive yourself later on.

The Air would forever be stuck with 2GB of RAM.

hackerwayne
Mar 13, 2013, 04:46 PM

Thats a way better choice compared to 08~09 MacBook Airs