PDA

View Full Version : Xcode 2.5 full screen apps?

det2004
Mar 11, 2013, 12:22 PM
I'm created a screensaver using Quartz Composer that I want to make a standalone application from.

I have a Mac Mini with OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) on it and am working with xcode 2.5. Upgrading the OS on this system is not an option.

I have been unable to figure out how to make my application full screen. Is there a way to change the window size so that the app runs full screen and covers the dock and menu bar?

I'm very new to xcode, so I appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks.

Cromulent
Mar 11, 2013, 01:23 PM
I'm created a screensaver using Quartz Composer that I want to make a standalone application from.

I have a Mac Mini with OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) on it and am working with xcode 2.5. Upgrading the OS on this system is not an option.

I have been unable to figure out how to make my application full screen. Is there a way to change the window size so that the app runs full screen and covers the dock and menu bar?

I'm very new to xcode, so I appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks.

Not with Xcode 2.5. That API was introduced in 10.7.

You can do full screen apps using OpenGL if you like but I'm unsure if there is an easier way with a private API or similar in earlier versions of OS X.

det2004
Mar 11, 2013, 02:05 PM
Not with Xcode 2.5. That API was introduced in 10.7.

You can do full screen apps using OpenGL if you like but I'm unsure if there is an easier way with a private API or similar in earlier versions of OS X.

Ok, is there an easy way for me to do that as an xcode beginner?

Would I need to make any changes to my quartz composer composition to get this to work?

Thanks