Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
mad jew said:
Isn't his dad an employee? That'd be pretty mean. :(
Not an employee, according to the page, but an "avid fan".

I guess they don't have the same law in Sweden that they do in Germany, which prevents parents from hanging silly names on their kids (no Moon Unit Zappa, no Soleil Moon Frye, no Apple Paltrow Martin).

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Parents can be so cruel, in this case out of stupidity. I guess they don't realize that by doing this, they are just about guaranteeing this child will be singled out and have hideous fun made of him when he's older. Why some parents do this is just beyond me.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Names count for something

I like the suggestion made by Mr. Kai's brother who said, 'Yeah, name the next one yahoo fuji nikon."

Should the parents have an even larger family, they could then have the following choices waiting in the wings: "Sony, no baloney," "Intel-ligent lifeform" and "Hasta la Vista." Good luck to the Kai children ... they are likely to need it.

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
katie ta achoo said:
Yeah...

I love google and all, but not enough to name my kid "google"

/we all know his name will be Motorola
//or Hitachi
///Ooo! Hard drive manufacturer!

Or GoldenPalaceDotCom (man, that place is a virus)

I guess they don't have the same law in Sweden that they do in Germany, which prevents parents from hanging silly names on their kids (no Moon Unit Zappa, no Soleil Moon Frye, no Apple Paltrow Martin).

Moon Unit is freaky, I'll agree.
I don't think of Apple though as that odd of a name.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I think these two should be shot.

And the link to this doctor's business website.....dodgy and absolulely poop. His Google page is like a "look at me....now I get free publicity and hits on my own website. That kid in Australia even clicked on my link twice!!"....and so forth.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
Since Google is such a household word, no one remembers from SQUARE ONE on PBS that a Google is a mathematical word for a huge number.

Sucks that this kid will have to either live up to being a wealth of searchable knowledge, or a math genius.

But in the end, its a stupid friggen name, sorry kid.

"A "google" is the number 10^100. A "googleplex" is an even larger number
10^[(10)^100]. You can find it, and other large numbers discussed in the
book:"The Joy of Mathematics" by T. Pappus, published by Wide World
Publ./Tetra (1989), or "Mathematical Mysteries" by Calvin C. Clawson,
published by Perseus Books."

dansuz1

macrumors member
May 7, 2003
Washington, D.C.
I can imagine schoolyard bullies asking him a question, punching him in the gut (like clicking "I'm Feeling Lucky") and expecting a quick answer.

Names like these guarantee that the kid will either grow up miserable or incredibly tough to beat back the bullies.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
wdlove said:
Hopefully he will have a good middle name that he can use.
So true. Or at least some decent peers who will give him a hopefully, nicer nickname. Although that's not likely.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
It looks like Google is his middle (actually third) name, not his first name.

Attachments

• registergooglekai.JPG-for-web-normal.jpg
    registergooglekai.JPG-for-web-normal.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 102

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
devilot76 said:
So true. Or at least some decent peers who will give him a hopefully, nicer nickname.
Ages 0-3 Ooglie-Googlie
Ages 4-8 Googster
Ages 9-13 GoogleBoy
Ages 14-17 G-ster
Ages 18-22 G-Man
Ages 23-35 Mr. G
Ages 36-65 Papa G
Ages 66-108 Grandpa G

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.