PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Buying These PS2 Games...

cleanup
Oct 18, 2005, 08:18 AM
Relatively new, all of them. Anybody played 'em yet?

Burnout 4: Revenge

SOCOM 3

Metal Gear Solid 3

Shadow of The Collossus

I'm especially interested in the last one, Shadow of The Collossus. It looks fantastic, unlike any other game out there.

Anybody played these games yet and could give me some feedback on them?

bokdol
Oct 18, 2005, 08:23 AM
Relatively new, all of them. Anybody played 'em yet?

Burnout 4: Revenge

SOCOM 3

Metal Gear Solid 3

Shadow of The Collossus

I'm especially interested in the last one, Shadow of The Collossus. It looks fantastic, unlike any other game out there.

Anybody played these games yet and could give me some feedback on them?

you may want to try out a game called ico.... sort of the game before shadow... it has amazing ambiance... and should only cost 12 to 14 bucks used....

cleanup
Oct 18, 2005, 09:16 AM
you may want to try out a game called ico.... sort of the game before shadow... it has amazing ambiance... and should only cost 12 to 14 bucks used....

I've heard of it. Doesn't strike me as having quite as much of a "wow" factor as Shadow of The Collossus.

And besides, I live in Shanghai. All the games are pirated, and it's hard to find old games like Ico.

Given that thought, those new games will probably take about a week before they're copied and distributed over here.

But games can be bought with pocket change here. :) When you buy a PS2, it's almost always going to already include a mod chip...

aloofman
Oct 18, 2005, 11:09 AM
Any of the Metal Gear Solid games are great. I have MGS 3: Sons of Liberty and it's a lot of fun.

ipacmm
Oct 18, 2005, 11:20 AM
Burnout 4: Revenge is a great game. I was going to buy it but I bought Indigo Prophecy...another great game.

jelloshotgun
Oct 18, 2005, 11:45 AM
Burnout 4: Revenge is a great game. I was going to buy it but I bought Indigo Prophecy...another great game.

Burnout Revenge has stolen many good hours of sleep from me and my roommate. Traffic checking, not to mention a much harder crash mode make the game a lot of fun, and it looks awesome in HD. Definitely get it!

Tuned MP5T
Oct 20, 2005, 02:45 PM
Socom 3 is good for on line play.

xli_ne
Oct 20, 2005, 04:00 PM

I'm playing that right now. buddy of mine gave it too me. said it was great and it doesn't take to long to complete. my kind of game.

applekid
Oct 20, 2005, 09:19 PM
I <3 Solid Snake. So, MGS3.

dotdotdot
Oct 21, 2005, 03:42 PM
Ehhh...

Metal Gear Solid 2 was really fun... I just don't have the same oppinon for MGS 3...

Kinda slow at first...

IF you like burnout games (who doesnt?) then burnout: revenge is for you... though no "new" gameplay will be added (I assume) just new levels and cars, its still an awesome game.

And SOCOM 3 looks pretty good...