Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
This headset looks pretty slick but I would like to hear some users thoughts on using the actual headset in everyday life.

How is the volume and the call quality on this device and does it live up to the hype all around?

I have about 40% hearing loss so the last thing that I need to do is fight with a Bluetooth headset that does not have a good audible volume level in the device.

Thanks

Cam

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
This headset looks pretty slick but I would like to hear some users thoughts on using the actual headset in everyday life.

How is the volume and the call quality on this device and does it live up to the hype all around?

I have about 40% hearing loss so the last thing that I need to do is fight with a Bluetooth headset that does not have a good audible volume level in the device.

Thanks

Cam

I like the feature set (changeable firmware, different voices for the interface, battery display on the iPhone, etc.)

The killer for me has been that it is a pain in the rear to use with Siri. The interface only has one button + motion detection (only used for answering calls, optional). So a single click is used for connecting, answering, or battery life check. You have to do a click and hold in order to signal the phone that you want to dial or use Siri. Nowhere near as convenient as a single quick click.

That said, I still use it a lot. I basically pick up either the ERA or a Bose 2.0 depending on which one I have handy and is charged up.

Volume is ok from my perspective. Adjusting the volume on the headset is a pain once again. Only one button. Click and hold during a call to ramp the volume up and down. As opposed to dedicated volume buttons on the Bose.

Brother Esau

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
Thank you very much for your feedback Partridge. :)

Anyone else care to share their experience?

Cam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.