PDA

View Full Version : [Insert Expletive Here] FedEx!

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 09:59 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Package with my new iPod out for delivery, they claim... but I just called them and they have ONCE AGAIN lied about making a delivery attempt this morning while I was HERE. So now I get to sit at home all day, AGAIN, waiting for my gorram package to show up.

Apple, PLEASE give us a choice of shippers! I NEVER, EVER want to use FedEx again. :mad:

Chupa Chupa
Oct 18, 2005, 10:36 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Package with my new iPod out for delivery, they claim... but I just called them and they have ONCE AGAIN lied about making a delivery attempt this morning while I was HERE. So now I get to sit at home all day, AGAIN, waiting for my gorram package to show up.

Apple, PLEASE give us a choice of shippers! I NEVER, EVER want to use FedEx again. :mad:

Never had that experience with FedEx before, only DHL. If you calmly explain that you were home and that they didn't even leave a call tag (which they are suppose to do) you might get them to redeliver today. If not you can still pick your iPod up at the station TODAY. Just ask them when it will be at the station. Bring your tracking # and ID and you are good to go.

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 10:40 AM
Never had that experience with FedEx before, only DHL. If you calmly explain that you were home and that they didn't even leave a call tag (which they are suppose to do) you might get them to redeliver today. If not you can still pick your iPod up at the station TODAY. Just ask them when it will be at the station. Bring your tracking # and ID and you are good to go.My calm with FedEx was completely expended a LONG time ago... they are, without a doubt, the most incompetent bunch of boobs it's ever been my displeasure to have to deal with.

I shouldn't have to drive out to the station to pick up my package.
I shouldn't have to call them and say "what do you mean, 'delivery exception'?"
I shouldn't have to sit around all day waiting for them to call me back with an ETA.
I shouldn't have to call someone in Memphis to talk to someone in Charlotte (to this day, I still don't know the direct number for the hub here in Charlotte).

FedEx sucks. :mad:

stoid
Oct 18, 2005, 10:51 AM
I think that it all depends on the delivery person. My roommates and I are all computer geeks and order lots of small things online. Between us there is usually one or two FedEx deliveries a week, and so we've gotten to know our FedEx guy rather well. He knows to leave packages if we don't come right away because we probably just missed the doorbell or will be back soon from class. Meanwhile, no matter how many times we've gotten shipments from UPS, the guy consistantly refuses to leave packages and we always have issues. I wouldn't blame all of the FedEx corporation on account of the laziness or ineptitude of one employee. However, I can sympathize, and that really sucks man. I know it's frustrating not only to have to be at home for another day wasting productive hours, but also to not have whatever it is that you've spent your hard earned money on.

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 10:56 AM
I think that it all depends on the delivery person. My roommates and I are all computer geeks and order lots of small things online. Between us there is usually one or two FedEx deliveries a week, and so we've gotten to know our FedEx guy rather well. He knows to leave packages if we don't come right away because we probably just missed the doorbell or will be back soon from class. Meanwhile, no matter how many times we've gotten shipments from UPS, the guy consistantly refuses to leave packages and we always have issues. I wouldn't blame all of the FedEx corporation on account of the laziness or ineptitude of one employee. However, I can sympathize, and that really sucks man. I know it's frustrating not only to have to be at home for another day wasting productive hours, but also to not have whatever it is that you've spent your hard earned money on.Well, since the delivery person IS the face of FedEx, I will absolutely blame the entire FedEx corporation for their failure to do their job correctly.

In my case, they're not even TRYING. Common sense would dictate that the driver get OUT of the truck, enter the lobby of my building, and either use their code (which they have been given) to get in OR use the keypad to buzz my unit so I can let them in. If at any point I couldn't be reached, THEN they could leave a delivery notice attempt.

Instead, I get NOTHING. Not one shred of evidence that they even so much as drove past my building, aside from their statement that they did. They are like the old cliché of a cop who sits in a donut shop, but worse: In this case, the cop spends his entire shift eating donuts and then, upon returning to the station, claims his radio didn't work and he didn't see any criminal activity.

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 11:42 AM
Closure: The FedEx driver finally showed up around 12 noon... she claimed that she knocked on my door (I didn't hear it) and that she didn't leave a delivery attempt sticky because "you're always here". I told her that in the future, she needs to (1) knock more loudly and (2) leave a sticky.

I still don't know if I believe her... and I'm still angry as hell at FedEx.

gwuMACaddict
Oct 18, 2005, 11:45 AM
i'd be inclined to take her at her word, take a couple of deep breaths, and move on. much healthier that way.

and congrats on the new ipod

silverpilot03
Oct 18, 2005, 08:10 PM
Closure: The FedEx driver finally showed up around 12 noon... she claimed that she knocked on my door (I didn't hear it) and that she didn't leave a delivery attempt sticky because "you're always here". I told her that in the future, she needs to (1) knock more loudly and (2) leave a sticky.

Delivery of the latest and the greatest ipod delayed by human factors (weak knock or impaired hearing) and the absence of a simple doorbell. Get over it, enjoy your new ipod and give us the highlights/lowdown.

jsw
Oct 18, 2005, 08:14 PM
she didn't leave a delivery attempt sticky because "you're always here"
Not sure I follow that logic of hers. ;) Although, I guess, if you were always there, you'd never leave, and therefore you'd never see the sticky.

Yeah, that must be what she meant....

Betateam
Oct 18, 2005, 09:52 PM

Ya I think they hire ninja's to deliver packages. I stayed home once for a package and I got a sticky but no knock. I've got a dog that barks if someone outside farts too loud. He didn't hear the FedEx ninja. I had to go pick it up myself.

Tommyg117
Oct 18, 2005, 10:16 PM
I paid for 1 day shipping and it was in anchorage alaska today, so it better come tommorow or I will join this little fedex insult fest.

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 10:18 PM
I paid for 1 day shipping and it was in anchorage alaska today, so it better come tommorow or I will join this little fedex insult fest.OK, I will say this... the tracking page originally said that the estimated delivery date was 10/20 at 10:30 AM. I can understand why they did this... customs, shipping from China, etc. can introduce unanticipated delays. So it was a bonus that it got here today and not Thursday.

But when they put the package ON the truck, then there are no more excuses for screwing up.

Danksi
Oct 18, 2005, 10:48 PM
So how's the new iPod (feeling better now)? :)

clayj
Oct 18, 2005, 10:50 PM
So how's the new iPod (feeling better now)? :)It's good now... got all my music ported over, and I've pretty much figured out the best way to rip a DVD into an iPod-compatible format (testing that now). :)

Of course, now the problem is I don't want it to get scratched... it LOOKS like it's the same material as a nano, and we all know how scratch-prone those are. ;) Got the case that came with it, and have ordered an Invisible Shield for it, but still no word on when that will arrive or when full protective cases (like iSkin) will be available. So the 5G iPod will be on limited house duty for a while.

Danksi
Oct 18, 2005, 10:56 PM
Of course, now the problem is I don't want it to get scratched... it LOOKS like it's the same material as a nano, and we all know how scratch-prone those are. ;) Got the case that came with it, and have ordered an Invisible Shield for it, but still no word on when that will arrive or when full protective cases (like iSkin) will be available.....

Invisible shield? I always liked the idea of:-

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/batfink-poster_L.jpg