Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

THACBR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
I've two sons, Ruud and Dylan and they like to play on my iPad. I don't want them to get exposed to violent and aggressive games, so I'm focusing on educational apps from now on. I have downloaded an educational app a few weeks ago:

It's called Dikkie Durf (dutch) or in English 'Dave Daring'. Dylan is 4 years old and likes to play the game. His vocabulary is increasing significantly and he gets more skillful with the game every time he plays. The app can be played in more languages, so I'm now trying to learn Ruud a few English and German words, like butterfly and bird. I've downloaded the game in the iTunes store: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/id596731748.

This app made me realize that a child can learn from gaming. There are a lot of negative sounds about gaming for kids, but I don't agree with these. I think that educating a child with games can bear fruit for his future. Hence, I've also downloaded a math game and a draw game for my kids. So I'm ignoring the books and let my children play with my tablet (I also became tired of reading books for them). I hope that more educational apps will be developed in the future and that more parents will use them.

Greetings THACBR :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.