PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air Fan Issues

jakesaunders27
Mar 14, 2013, 02:20 AM
Hi,
This morning i opened the lid of my macbook air (base model 2012) and i heard the fan making an absolute racket, but it didn't sound like when my fan has kicked in before it almost sounded like a hard disk spinning so it downloaded smcfancontrol and saw that it was running at 2000-2400 rpm so then i put it up to around 4000rpm and back down again and the noise stopped, now its its silent self. is this something i should get looked at or just ignore?

Cheers

Macman45
Mar 14, 2013, 02:23 AM
Hi,
This morning i opened the lid of my macbook air (base model 2012) and i heard the fan making an absolute racket, but it didn't sound like when my fan has kicked in before it almost sounded like a hard disk spinning so it downloaded smcfancontrol and saw that it was running at 2000-2400 rpm so then i put it up to around 4000rpm and back down again and the noise stopped, now its its silent self. is this something i should get looked at or just ignore?

Cheers

Try re-setting the SMC:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

justperry
Mar 14, 2013, 02:26 AM
Hi,

Cheers

Might be some debris inside, after you set it to Maximum it cleared and it's gone, that's what I think.

jakesaunders27
Mar 14, 2013, 02:28 AM
Might be some debris inside, after you set it to Maximum it cleared and it's gone, that's what I think.

yeah thats what i thought, and just about to reset the smc now