Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ump3

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2003
Can anyone help tell me why my CSS rollovers are showing the visited state after I have visited the page, but when I go back and rollover that link again it doesn't show the hover state and remains on the visited state. Surely the hover state should always be shown when the mouse is over the link?

Thanks

this is the css code

.SPEC:link { color: white ; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 12px; text-decoration: none; }
.SPEC:visited { color: white ; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; text-decoration: none; }
.SPEC:hover { color: #e5e5e5 ; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 12px; text-decoration: underline; }
.SPEC:active { color: #ff6c00 ; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 12px; }

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
What browsers are having this behavior. IE, Safari, all of them? It could be a peculiarity to a specific browser. IE for example will only allow hover states on anchor tags, nothing else.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Do you have a link to the site? I don't quite understand what's happening. (It's 1AM, give me a break :D )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.