PDA

View Full Version : Bitrate same whether buying from phone or computer?

Schtibbie
Mar 14, 2013, 10:05 PM
Maybe a dumb question, but.. Usually I either rip CDs to 256 AAC or I buy albums from itunes via my computer (obviously at 256 AAC) and then add them to my iphone when i sync, and without any down conversion. But tonight I bought an album from the itunes app on my phone. Does that also get me the album at 256? There's no way to look at bitrate on the phone. And when it gets done downloading each song, you can see it go into a "processing" mode on each track, and I can't tell what it's so busy doing. Hopefully not downconverting.

Destroysall
Mar 15, 2013, 04:57 AM
Maybe a dumb question, but.. Usually I either rip CDs to 256 AAC or I buy albums from itunes via my computer (obviously at 256 AAC) and then add them to my iphone when i sync, and without any down conversion. But tonight I bought an album from the itunes app on my phone. Does that also get me the album at 256? There's no way to look at bitrate on the phone. And when it gets done downloading each song, you can see it go into a "processing" mode on each track, and I can't tell what it's so busy doing. Hopefully not downconverting.No matter what device is used for downloading, the Apple AAC format does not flex in bitrate. Just enjoy the music.:)