Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KaJu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2013
Hey,

I want my VPN connection to stay alive forever. It is a Cisco IPsec vpn connection. I set it up using the os x built in vpn client. Right know it sometimes disconnects for no reason. I thought one solution would be to use the vpn autoconnection app that checks if the VPN connection is alive and then reconnects. The app works but I am prompted for my password. Apparently Cisco doesn't want you to save your password for security reasons. Is there a workaround to save the password for 10.8? There was one for 10.6 but it doesnt work anymore. Is there any other option to get a stable VPN connection? I need the VPN connection because otherwise my MATLAB will fail because of the licence manager and I have really long MATLAB jobs.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Hey,

I want my VPN connection to stay alive forever. It is a Cisco IPsec vpn connection. I set it up using the os x built in vpn client. Right know it sometimes disconnects for no reason. I thought one solution would be to use the vpn autoconnection app that checks if the VPN connection is alive and then reconnects. The app works but I am prompted for my password. Apparently Cisco doesn't want you to save your password for security reasons. Is there a workaround to save the password for 10.8? There was one for 10.6 but it doesnt work anymore. Is there any other option to get a stable VPN connection? I need the VPN connection because otherwise my MATLAB will fail because of the licence manager and I have really long MATLAB jobs.

You need to contact your IT department. Intentionally compromising security is often a terminable offense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.