PDA

View Full Version : Mail app running at 100% CPU

aaron5566
Mar 16, 2013, 05:16 AM
I just updated my Mac and now once I open my Mail app, the cpu usage immediately spikes to over 100%. It was fine a day ago. It will stay at that % for about 5 minutes and it will return back to normal to like 9%? Anyone experiencing this? Anyone has any solutions?

The-Pro
Mar 16, 2013, 08:39 AM
i have issues with my mail. i have 7 diff accounts on mail, and these are also on 4 ohter computers, and ipad and iphone.
mail on the computers screws up all the time. it has issues connecting to servers, exclamation marks next to account on the left aswell as spinning wheels all the time.
CPU usage is at 100% constantly when it plays up.
might be something similar with you? is it trying to connect to your email when the cpu spikes?

aaron5566
Mar 16, 2013, 09:08 AM
I dun think so. I only have one account on my mac and my iPhone. My mail loads fine. It never gets stuck or anything. It just spikes when I launch the app and will return to normal minutes later... This sucks. :(

impulse462
Mar 17, 2013, 05:56 PM
I'm glad other people have experienced this. I actually stopped using the mail app since this constantly happens and I have no idea why.

aaron5566
Mar 18, 2013, 06:03 AM
Damn. I really liked using the mail app. I'm afraid to open it now. :/ anyone has any solutions?

Weaselboy
Mar 18, 2013, 10:49 AM
I just updated my Mac and now once I open my Mail app, the cpu usage immediately spikes to over 100%. It was fine a day ago. It will stay at that % for about 5 minutes and it will return back to normal to like 9%? Anyone experiencing this? Anyone has any solutions?

Try reindexing Mail.

Quit Mail then run the below command in Terminal. Then restart Mail. It will need to redownload your mail messages. This is on Lion or Mountain Lion.

rm -f ~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Envelope\ Index