Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Hi everyone,

I realize that this question has been asked a lot, but I wanted to get some feedback as of now (march 2013).

Has iCloud's Documents in the Cloud been reliable? I use Pages on the iPad and Mac for college work that doesn't need to be shared. I have not personally lost any Docs in iCloud, but I did hear the horror stories.

I currently only use iCloud Docs on iOS and I use Dropbox for sharing between Mac and iOS. It works, but it is a more cumbersome and roundabout way.

How has iCloud Docs been for you?

On a side note: how reliable has iCloud Mail been lately. This isn't an issue for me, I use gmail, I was just curious.

vmachiel

macrumors 68000
Feb 15, 2011
Holland
Hi everyone,

I realize that this question has been asked a lot, but I wanted to get some feedback as of now (march 2013).

Has iCloud's Documents in the Cloud been reliable? I use Pages on the iPad and Mac for college work that doesn't need to be shared. I have not personally lost any Docs in iCloud, but I did hear the horror stories.

I currently only use iCloud Docs on iOS and I use Dropbox for sharing between Mac and iOS. It works, but it is a more cumbersome and roundabout way.

How has iCloud Docs been for you?

On a side note: how reliable has iCloud Mail been lately. This isn't an issue for me, I use gmail, I was just curious.

I've used documents in the cloud with pages on iOS since iOS 5, and on my Mac since OS 10.8. Never had an issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.