Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Hello again...!

Back in my time as student, I wrote a big chunk of programs to make calculations/simulations of a custom made equipment for mine employer in that time. A long, long time passes and a new engineer comes to work there. Became aware of me and my programs/calculations. New version of the original equipment is right now operating (a dryer). But in need to make new and revised calculations the guy comes to me. Asked about and offered to pay me if I lend the code written. Problem is, it is stored and was ran in a PowerMac 9600/300. Because another gig, I know in this time the Floppy, CD-ROM, Zip and Ethernet are all dead. Only working is the SCSI. So, I am here seeking some advice about how extract the programs from the computer.

Thanks in advance....!

:):apple:

Wildy

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
USB SCSI adapters look to be quite expensive, so that's a dead end. If the rest of the machine is working fine then just replace one of the dead components - either find an old CD drive to put in, or a PCI ethernet card.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Thanks for the advice guys....!

Like the option adding USB ports. That can be useful if some odd thing comes to me and need to connect something to the PowerMac. Will check the link provided. But also like the option with the PCI Ethernet card. So Wildy, can you please recommend something in that area?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.