Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hassoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
hi, i wanna create a calendar UI in my app with a daily view (like the one in Apple's calendar app), how can i do that? what are the contents of such a UI other than scroll view?

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
hi, i wanna create a calendar UI in my app with a daily view (like the one in Apple's calendar app), how can i do that? what are the contents of such a UI other than scroll view?

If you search the Cocoa Controls site for "Calendar" there are quite a few open source calendar frameworks for iOS. You might want to see if any of those meet your needs before developing your own.

I think the UI for even just a daily view is quite a bit more complex than a scroll view. It looks like there is some sort of custom timeline view inside the scroll view; there is a bar at the top that lets you switch pages (days). There is a navigation controller. It looks like the list of "all day events" might imbed a scroll view inside the timeline view, etc. etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.