Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grunthaner

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2009
Hi I am trying to install the software for my Canoscan 9900f scanner on Leopard 10.5.8. I clicked the OSX install on the disc (they also had os9 install which I can no longer do) and when I hit scan it says "Specifies the program were the scanned image is transfered". I did a search but even with people having problems I saw no solution. I've used this scanner before on on old PPC's as well as on XP PC's but never on Leopard. Any tips?
Thanks Linda

----------

Looks grim, I'm on the Canon site see below and they do not have a driver for Leopard. Any other way to get it to work?
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppo...scan_series/canoscan_9900f#DriversAndSoftware

Sad sad.
Linda

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
"Specifies the program were the scanned image is transfered".
Reading that literally, it suggests to me that the scanner software wants to know which program you want it to send the scan to (so that you can see it and save it).

If you don't have Photoshop, I'd suggest telling it Preview for now.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
Hi I am trying to install the software for my Canoscan 9900f scanner on Leopard 10.5.8. I clicked the OSX install on the disc (they also had os9 install which I can no longer do) and when I hit scan it says "Specifies the program were the scanned image is transfered". I did a search but even with people having problems I saw no solution. I've used this scanner before on on old PPC's as well as on XP PC's but never on Leopard. Any tips?
Thanks Linda

----------

Looks grim, I'm on the Canon site see below and they do not have a driver for Leopard. Any other way to get it to work?
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/suppo...scan_series/canoscan_9900f#DriversAndSoftware

Sad sad.
Linda

I have purchased two canon scanners since 2002, when I first started to use a Mac. I had to stop using both of them because Canon provides poor support for updated OS X drivers. After being 'burned' twice I will never but another Canon Scanner again. I now use an Epson.

VueScan is driver software that may bring you scanner to life, but to be honest scanners are pretty cheap these days and I would be tempted to just get a new one.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I have a Cannon scanner attached to my work G5 and another at home that I got in 2003. Both work just fine with Leopard and the Photoshop plugin I use means I can scan from within Photoshop. I've never had an issue. Maybe it's the scan software you are using?

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Is there a "Scan to File" option? How about a screen shot of the program? I have a Canoscan something around, and though I haven't used it recently, I still remember how the driver had a poor UI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.