Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
which one will b gr8 4 web surfing and checking my email? lol!!1! and where do i buy RAM? what RAM is the best?

(how long 'till these threads start popping up again... oh thats right, they already have... :rolleyes: )

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
The mac mini is way faster than the G5!!!,

You can really ask a question like that because the answer is so apparent, of course the powermac is giong to be better, its faster. It all depends on what you want to do and how much money you are willing to spend.

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
gwuMACaddict said:
which one will b gr8 4 web surfing and checking my email? lol!!1! and where do i buy RAM? what RAM is the best?

(how long 'till these threads start popping up again... oh thats right, they already have... :rolleyes: )

Yes... its tiring and horribly repetitive... but you have to up your post count somehow ;)

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Laser47 said:
You can really ask a question like that because the answer is so apparent, of course the powermac is giong to be better, its faster. It all depends on what you want to do and how much money you are willing to spend.

you know it was a joke, right?

hookahco

macrumors regular
Macabron said:
If all you're going to do is internet viewing and email, with the ocasional iTunes.
You absolutley need the Power Mac G5 Quad!!
please dont forget the dual 30 inch cinema display.. and a maxed out xserve RAID to store all those hot music videos... oh ya and a media controller cuz those turnable dials are SOO COOL
</sarcasm>

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Spelling mistakes...

Hi,

Just a message to the OP,

For these types of thread I believe the accepted forms of spelling "iBook" are as follows:

IBook
I-Book
i-Book
Ibook.

Thanks very much, and yes a Power-M.A.C. Quad g5 will be the best for word processing and surfing the interwebs.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
omg lolz. i wish tha new G5 came in pink cause i really like pinka nd it would match my pillows and my room!!!!1 why is it only silver??? apple is dum

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
dferrara said:
omg lolz. i wish tha new G5 came in pink cause i really like pinka nd it would match my pillows and my room!!!!1 why is it only silver??? apple is dum
like Oh My God. moto just came out wita new razr thats pink and i wish apples stuff came in pink too!!!!

the ibod? was like pink or something like that. so like why not the computer.

apple is silly

38438571_eb21eb23f8.jpg

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
I had Ibook but was too slow for web surf. SO i now buy powerMACK so everything is totaly fast now so i can hit on all the chatroom hotteezz i want!!!

I jus dont' likee that it s got all this messed up shizz on the back..whas DIV anyway??

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
gwuMACaddict said:

Silly question...

But note than 16 GB of RAM will make your Internet connection faster

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
I bet 16GB of RAM would make Safari snappier than ever! (No promises about stopping it crashing though..!) :p

I wonder how many Powermacs actually get ordered from Apple with the 16GB of RAM?

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
cheekyspanky said:
I bet 16GB of RAM would make Safari snappier than ever! (No promises about stopping it crashing though..!) :p

I wonder how many Powermacs actually get ordered from Apple with the 16GB of RAM?

$15,000 (or somewhere around there) extra dollars for 16GB of ram.

OUCH!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.