Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kristenanne77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
I got the Magic Mouse with my minimac and seem to be having a hard time using it with Logic. (until now i have been using a "regular" mouse with Reaper).

Can it be programmed to work with Logic or is there another mouse which is easier to use?

Also, I would appreciate any tips and tricks from others who use the magic mouse with logic.

thanks
k

Nov 28, 2010
located
You could take a look at BetterTouchTool or MagicPrefs to customise the gestures, but other than that, I find the Magic Mouse uncomfortable to use, especially with precision requiring applications. But I also got bigger hands than the mouse wants.

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
I have a generic 3 button mouse that works fine for me. But I also use a Korg nanoKontrol2 which is an incredibly handy peripheral. Gives you transport contols, marker buttons and 8 volume sliders, each with mute/solo/record buttons and pan knobs. Physical controls sure beat any kind of mouse IMO. :)

You just download the Mac plug-in from their site and it will work with both Logic and Garageband without the need to configure anything special. For about $60 it's a no-brainer IMO.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/nanoKON2bk/

5_634505580028860000.png

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2007
The Magic Mouse takes some practice to use but once you have it down you'll really like it.

Kitsuneinabox

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2013
I would have to say no mouse is particularly great for logic. In the end, a mouse, like just about any other task is going to decrease the efficiency of your work flow. Are you using this mouse in place of a midi controller for working in the piano roll or the like?

If you are using it for general purposes, you might look in to a small controller like someone else suggested, but it may also help to look in to a keyboard skin with all the standard shortcuts marked.

http://www.logickeyboard.com/shop/apple-logic-pro-2626p.html
This turned up in a google search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.