PDA

View Full Version : So Logic Pro X confirmed is coming

darkinners
Mar 20, 2013, 06:23 PM
http://logicrumours.com/xander-soren-confirms-the-next-version-of-logic-pro-its-100-coming/

pdjudd
Mar 20, 2013, 08:04 PM
It sounds pretty official, but we have to remember that this isn't really a press release from Apple - it's darn close but I would much rather see it from a better known source like the Loop (Jim's a musician and he is really in the know) than a rumor site, and that little blurb just says that they are working on the new version but no other details.

It just seems odd given that the last post on this undated thing comes from 2012 and I do not recall anybody else picking up on this.

Boyd01
Mar 20, 2013, 08:37 PM
t just seems odd given that the last post on this undated thing comes from 2012 and I do not recall anybody else picking up on this.

It was discussed here earlier...

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/12/03/apple-hard-at-work-on-next-version-of-logic-pro/

Last week, a rumor surfaced claiming that Apple had "decimated" its pro audio group, calling into question the future of Logic and other audio-focused software from the company. The rumor was, however, quickly dismissed by Jim Dalrymple and his impeccable sources at Apple, with Dalrymple noting that there was "no truth" to the rumor that Apple had slashed its pro audio team.

MacRumors reader Nicholas wanted to hear confirmation straight from Apple and emailed CEO Tim Cook to ask about the future of Logic. His email was passed along to Apple's music product marketing chief, Xander Soren, who provided a distinct rebuttal to the original rumor.

Nicholas, thanks for your email. As the lead for our music creation apps, I always want to hear what our users are thinking. I want to assure you the team is still in place and hard at work on the next version of Logic Pro.

-xander

pdjudd
Mar 20, 2013, 08:51 PM
I must have missed that, but what I mean was that the source was from someone else more mainstream. No disrespect to Arn, but just because he reported it doesn't add to the credibility of things. And again - I don't recall anybody else like Gruber or The Loop or really anybody else talking about it either.