Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Remember me? The one with the bum display? Here's an update:

I bought a display at the beginning of the month (23") and it had a scratch on the inside of the screen. :( I called Apple and after some hassle, they agreed to send me a new one instead of "fixing" it. I get the new one and it's flawless! No problems at all. I love it! (I like my 2405 at work better. It's a touch larger and blacks are really black. The light shines through on the apple, with an uneven spread, in pitch-black conditions. It was also cheaper and has a card reader which I use, because our products here use CF cards.) Anyway, I had my perfect Apple 23" and I was still happy.

The best part is, the prices were dropped today and since they had to send me a new display, the guy gave me the $200 credit because that was shipped to me within the date of their price protection. :D

Even though the new PB updates make me not so enthusiastic to buy a new 17" (I have a rev C) I love Apple again!

I wish I would have bought their stock at $40 a share. Guess I'm rooting for GME instead. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.