PDA

View Full Version : Recreate the Acoustical properties of Headphone Bleed

Javik
Mar 21, 2013, 08:00 AM
Ok. This might sound really weird; just bare with me.

I'm looking to recreate through software the same waveform changes that occurs to a piece of an audio --> when you listen to it through headphones --> but dont put the headphones on your head. Most commonly known as headphone bleed.

If anyone could point me in the right direction in terms of theory (that I could try and adapt the software to) or plugins or techniques that already exist, this would be great.

Any help would great. Cheers :)

spoonie1972
Mar 21, 2013, 08:06 AM
do you mean a high-pass filter? or are you after something else?

Javik
Mar 21, 2013, 09:24 AM
Yeah I was experimenting with Equaliser settings before, including a High Pass filter, it's getting there, but not 100% the sound i want. I think it will involve a combination of things

spoonie1972
Mar 21, 2013, 12:27 PM
if you mean listening to a set of headphones playing music while they sit on a desk, and you happen to be about 2 feet away from them, probably a combination of a highpass and then mess (additionally) with a bandpass filter, adjusting the frequency, amplitude and Q of the filter.

paolo-
Mar 25, 2013, 09:34 AM
If you just need it as an effect a high pass filter and some very small room reverb will probably be close enough. The other way of doing it would be to get the impulse response. If you have logic you already have the software to create your custom impulse response. You'll just need your headphones and a fairly flat mic.

Another way would be by using a match eq, record white noise coming out of your headphones and us it to create a match eq.

gannonsamuel
Mar 26, 2013, 07:53 AM
very small room reverb will probably be close enough.

Another way would be by using a match eq, record white noise coming out of your headphones and us it to create a match eq.

This

Javik
Mar 29, 2013, 07:06 PM
awesome guys, thanks