Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tom2847

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
So I just bought the AIR and I'm like stoked and all about it but today is my second day owning it and decided to see what it can do.

I was at 24% and was playing scrabble with a friend. I turned it on and it charged until about 90%. I thought it did 100%! is this because I was playing a game on it that it didn't charge all the way? If I wasn't using the phone would of it had charged more?

Also, all four dots were lit up before I turned on and when it was around 60% it only had 1 dot left on the case, what's going on?

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
You might want to read the other Mophie Air threads for detailed answers to your questions. The brief answers are; No. Yes. The Air is working as designed.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I'm not saying your results are good or bad but if you are doing anything, it will not only take longer for your phone to recharge but it will also shorten you battery life. Doing more things means using more juice and charging at the same time taxes resources.

I have been typically getting anywhere from 90% to 130% (give or take) back in terms of charge. Depends on what I'm doing and how hard I am hitting the phone determines how much I get back and how fast it happens.

As for the lights, not sure what you mean. Did you have 60% left in the case yet it only showed 1 light or had your phone only gone back up to 60% and it had one light?

I've found the lights to be rougly accurate as to how much power I have in the case as long as the case is in standby. Checking the power levels of the case while it is charging showed some pretty weird results. Almost like the case couldn't read the power of the battery accurately while charging.

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Mi Air charged my iPhone from 10% back to 100%. I was not using the phone during the charging period.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.