PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Album Art on iPods.

Shattering Fast
Oct 20, 2005, 04:28 AM
So yeah, what happens on an iPod when a song/album has multiple album art?

watcher2001
Oct 20, 2005, 08:23 AM
So yeah, what happens on an iPod when a song/album has multiple album art?

Not sure how one song could have multiple album art.. As far as albums go the artwork is held within the tag of the MP3 so it could be easy for a 10 track album to have 10 different album art covers.

sreedy
Oct 20, 2005, 08:31 AM
Not sure how one song could have multiple album art.

It can in iTunes..... I have multiple scans from the Album sleeves on certain songs in iTunes..... you can select which one is displayed..... I have no idea hows this transfers to the iPod.... maybe just the one you have a the main to be displayed gets transfered.

Example:

Shattering Fast
Oct 20, 2005, 08:32 AM
Not sure how one song could have multiple album art.. As far as albums go the artwork is held within the tag of the MP3 so it could be easy for a 10 track album to have 10 different album art covers.

Well in iTunes you can give tracks several, I was just wondering if all of them transfer over and which ones it would display and stuff.

snowmoon
Oct 20, 2005, 08:53 AM
Well in iTunes you can give tracks several, I was just wondering if all of them transfer over and which ones it would display and stuff.

I've never known it to alter the file... so I would say all are probably transfered, and the one displaye din iTunes while playing is probably the one that will show up on the iPod.

whalesalad
Oct 20, 2005, 08:58 AM
Well if my damn ipod would ship, I could let you know :|

I should get it in the next few days and I will let you know what happens with multiple art.

Shattering Fast
Oct 21, 2005, 12:20 AM
Well if my damn ipod would ship, I could let you know :|

I should get it in the next few days and I will let you know what happens with multiple art.

Amen, Mine's still processing since freaking sunday.