Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troym

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
I was on the Apple site and was looking at the cases for it. I saw the Agent 18 Shield. Has good reviews, and says that it has access to all outlets. So what do you guys have? Think i should go for it? All i have now is just the armband...i'm kinda needing something else.

Must.Get.nano!

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
troym said:
I was on the Apple site and was looking at the cases for it. I saw the Agent 18 Shield. Has good reviews, and says that it has access to all outlets. So what do you guys have? Think i should go for it? All i have now is just the armband...i'm kinda needing something else.

i got teh zCover like a week ago (http://www.zcover.com)
it works great for protecting my iPod.

solidgoldmini

macrumors regular
I got the Apple iPod Nano Tubes. They are actually pretty nice if you're looking for a skin-tight type case. They don't add too much bulk to it, and they come in 5 colors. They even cover the scroll wheel, which is pretty cool, and that cuts down on the oversensitive scrolling some have reported. The only down side is the lack of screen protection, but I got some clear cling-on camera screen protector sheets and that works pretty well to stop scratches on the screen. I'm a big fan on the iSkins, but their Nano skin is still not released, so I'm still waiting for that to see what that's like. They're nice because they have little hard plastic screen protectors with those.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Still waiting for iSkin to get their act together... their Duo skin for the nano looks like it will be really nice.

For now, I'm just using a nano armband...

troym

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Must.Get.nano! said:
i got teh zCover like a week ago (http://www.zcover.com)
it works great for protecting my iPod.

is it hard taking it out of the case? I'm needing something to take from and back to work. I use a armband for working which works great. But i need something in between.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I'm after a clear hard case, and I thought the Agent 18 case would be the way to go until I found out its frosted for some reason. Apart from the screen that is.
That leaves me the options of either the Speck See-Thru or the XtremeMac Mirco Shield. Both have their cons though: The Speck case doesn't mention dock access, and I'd like to keep the nano in the case 99% of the time, and the XtremeMac has a belt clip which I'm not keen on.

The XtremeMac may well get my money, but I'll have a look at the Speck as well - whenever they hit the Apple Store. Should be in the next week or so I imagine...

troym

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
Piarco75 said:
I'm after a clear hard case, and I thought the Agent 18 case would be the way to go until I found out its frosted for some reason. Apart from the screen that is.
That leaves me the options of either the Speck See-Thru or the XtremeMac Mirco Shield. Both have their cons though: The Speck case doesn't mention dock access, and I'd like to keep the nano in the case 99% of the time, and the XtremeMac has a belt clip which I'm not keen on.

The XtremeMac may well get my money, but I'll have a look at the Speck as well - whenever they hit the Apple Store. Should be in the next week or so I imagine...

well i just ordered the agent 18 from apple. Mine will be in the case at least 85% of the time due to my workouts. And what do you mean by frosted? I have the black nano so hopefully it'll look SWEET. BTW would you happen to use anything to clean your nano from scratches? I hear Brasso works, but never tried it.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
clayj said:
Still waiting for iSkin to get their act together... their Duo skin for the nano looks like it will be really nice.

For now, I'm just using a nano armband...

Yup, I've already pre-ordered mine. Apparently it's something like the 27th October they start shipping.

mac41099

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2005
Does anyone know if the Agent 18 case covers the screen of the Nano? Also is it a tight fit in the case? I don't want the Nano to slide around in the case.

And belt clips or lanyards available for it?

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
BlizzardBomb said:
Yup, I've already pre-ordered mine. Apparently it's something like the 27th October they start shipping.
Um, where exactly did you get to ORDER the iSkin for the nano? All they have on their site right now is a page to sign up to be notified about it...

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I'm using a Martin Fields screen protector thing that covers the front of the nano and an altoids tin. Picture in post #14 of this thread. Not the most elegant solution, but one that works w/in my student budget. :p Plus, maybe some thief would overlook the altoids tin. :eek:

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
clayj said:
Um, where exactly did you get to ORDER the iSkin for the nano? All they have on their site right now is a page to sign up to be notified about it...

I'm in the UK and I ordered so I pre-ordered it from a third-party site.

Tommyg117

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I wanted to get a case for the video ipod but I can't seem to find one that will make it small enough to fit in the dock. I have a 60 gig 5g iPod. Anyone know of anything slim enough so it can fit into the dock so I don't have to take it off every time i put it in the dock?

Must.Get.nano!

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
troym said:
is it hard taking it out of the case? I'm needing something to take from and back to work. I use a armband for working which works great. But i need something in between.

It takes a while, but its not SO hard... applying the screen is pretty hard, but once its on... ITS NOT comin out,but the skin is pretty easy to put on/take out.

Air Cargo

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2005
Chicago
Nano cover same as iPod 5G

solidgoldmini said:
I got the Apple iPod Nano Tubes. They are actually pretty nice if you're looking for a skin-tight type case. They don't add too much bulk to it, and they come in 5 colors. They even cover the scroll wheel, which is pretty cool, and that cuts down on the oversensitive scrolling some have reported. The only down side is the lack of screen protection, but I got some clear cling-on camera screen protector sheets and that works pretty well to stop scratches on the screen. I'm a big fan on the iSkins, but their Nano skin is still not released, so I'm still waiting for that to see what that's like. They're nice because they have little hard plastic screen protectors with those.

All: Just seen that the same kind of sleeve for the 5G ipod (video) will be given away with the Nano quite soon.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Air Cargo said:
All: Just seen that the same kind of sleeve for the 5G ipod (video) will be given away with the Nano quite soon.
Do you have a link for that? But it doesn't really help those of us who have already purchased a nano... :(

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I got the EXiM screen protector and both the Agent 18 clear case and the Noreve leather case. Both cases work great. I didn't think that I would like the frosted look of the Agent 18 case on my black nano, but now I love it. I think a really clear case would be too easy to scratch and show any imperfections clearly. The frosted front of the Agent 18 hides any blemishes that might be on your nano already, and is not as susceptible to scratching and fingerprints. Just be sure you take the case apart to put in the nano (DON'T slide it in!). For a different look, the Noreve leather case in blue is really elegant and really shows off the nano.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.