PDA

View Full Version : New Tony Hawk

wrxguy
Oct 20, 2005, 09:22 AM
Has anyone played it yet? I think im gonna go get it now but I would like some of your opinions

Dagless
Oct 20, 2005, 11:21 AM
we need to start using NATHG (not another Tony Hawk game) to mean "no more please!" or PLTSDN (please let the sims die now) to mean "HEY! just stop with the games!"

ipacmm
Oct 20, 2005, 11:35 AM
I was going to buy it but I am going to wait to the Xbox 360 version.

wrxguy
Oct 26, 2005, 10:58 AM
I personally like the new tony hawk game...i went out and bought it, i beat the easy mode very fast but it is still really fun, if you are into Tony Hawks

Lord Blackadder
Oct 26, 2005, 11:31 AM
Isn't Tony Hawk something like 900 years old? Pretty soon he'll start getting his long, white beard caught in the axles.

ipacmm
Oct 26, 2005, 11:36 AM
I personally like the new tony hawk game...i went out and bought it, i beat the easy mode very fast but it is still really fun, if you are into Tony Hawks

Which system did you get it for?

Darwin
Oct 26, 2005, 12:25 PM
Whats is the name of the new Tony Hawk?

I lose track :rolleyes:

fistful
Oct 26, 2005, 12:37 PM
Man, I'm still on the first THUG. How many has it been since then?

camomac
Oct 26, 2005, 12:38 PM
Whats is the name of the new Tony Hawk?

I lose track :rolleyes:

American Wasteland.

camomac
Oct 26, 2005, 12:39 PM
Man, I'm still on the first THUG. How many has it been since then?

THUG I, THUG II, and now American Wasteland. This is suppost to be the first skate game without any load screens.

Dagless
Oct 26, 2005, 01:39 PM
THUG I, THUG II, and now American Wasteland. This is suppost to be the first skate game without any load screens.

I saw an advert for that today. a pretty sad one of mr. Hawk skating around and hitting an invisible war. whats sad about it is selling a game where its main feature is "no load screens". Go back to 1985. I was playing Mario with no load screens and now I'm playing Mario 64 DS and virtual dogs with no loading.

ipacmm
Oct 26, 2005, 02:31 PM
I saw an advert for that today. a pretty sad one of mr. Hawk skating around and hitting an invisible war. whats sad about it is selling a game where its main feature is "no load screens". Go back to 1985. I was playing Mario with no load screens and now I'm playing Mario 64 DS and virtual dogs with no loading.

It was talking about the first skating game that had no loading screens, which means its the first tony hawk game w/o loading screens.

Sharpsk8101
Oct 26, 2005, 08:06 PM
I am starting to get tired of them. After I beat THUG 1 they lost their special feel and are now stale.

zero1zero
Oct 27, 2005, 11:10 AM
Well, to take what appears to be an opposing view, I'm looking forward to getting it this weekend. Personally, I like playing the games and pulling off tricks in places I recognize (sort of).

The thing about this series is that they are more like expansions on the theme and each new one brings in cooler things to play with. Same thing with the SSX series. I got the new one because it is damn fun to play with my friends at a party.

With the Hawk series, you can use the skills you already have from the previous game and play even better while incorporating the new tricks. Took me forever to get the front wheel balance thing after doing an air trick.

I think the only thing they could do beter is to add a bit of the open world feel of the GTA series so you could skate everything in a vast area. That would elevate it to a whole new level.

Dagless
Oct 27, 2005, 12:46 PM
going back to the advert though (which was just on Channel 4) the speaker guy says "First Tony Hawks game without loading"... Tony Hawks GB, Tony Hawks GBA 2,3,4,UG,UG2? Has the N-Gage TH?

i hate bad adverts.

zero1zero
Oct 27, 2005, 02:37 PM
Ha ha! Your as bad as me. Do you agree, though, that the next chapter is always fun and just a little better?

MaGiCSuN
Oct 31, 2005, 02:22 PM
I would love to know how in the world you played that game on a mac?

i can't seem to find any information about a release for mac osx ?

Thanks

Love,
Mirna

Sic
Nov 1, 2005, 05:40 AM
I would love to know how in the world you played that game on a mac?

i can't seem to find any information about a release for mac osx ?

Thanks

Love,
Mirna

i cant seem to find anywhere in the thread where it says "we played this on a mac" ;)

MaGiCSuN
Nov 1, 2005, 05:55 AM
this topic is placed in:

Mac Forums > Mac Software > Games > New Tony Hawk

:rolleyes:
that's why

Love,
Mirna

Sic
Nov 1, 2005, 07:06 AM
this topic is placed in:

Mac Forums > Mac Software > Games > New Tony Hawk