PDA

View Full Version : Crackling noise from Ibook

manco
Oct 20, 2005, 11:00 AM
Hi, i have got a brand new 2 day old ibook 12 inch and i am experiencing a pretty nasty bug. Whenever I press one of the volume buttons (F3 F4 F5) or I change the volume in the menubar there is a crackling sound from my ibook speakers. When I hook up some headphones the same thing happens but this time not the speakers from the ibook but from the headphones.

The funny thing is the problem persists untill I play some kind of sound on the ibook, then it suddenly disappears. But maybe a minute or so later it happens again.

This happens only when the Ibook is using its battery, if I have my ibook plugged in the power this all doesn't happen. I have tried resetting the pram and pmu and I have reinstalled Tiger but this all did not affect anything. I have 10.4.2 installed with all the updates.

Can somebody help me or maybe confirm that this is a bug so that hopefully this is fixed with 10.4.3?

Can someone also tell me if so, did this also happen to you under panther?

OutThere
Oct 20, 2005, 12:53 PM
Sounds more to me like it's a hardware problem with the soundcard/logic board. You should move quickly in getting in touch with Apple to get it fixed while it is still under Applecare rather than waiting around to see if it's software. Move now so you can have it covered under Applecare. :)

manco
Oct 21, 2005, 05:31 AM
little bump.

I found a topic in which a person has the same problem as I do Link (http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@739.vRgRadAeZ8a.2@.68ba3afb)

Can anybody confirm this as being normal??

mcadam
Oct 21, 2005, 09:27 AM
Your problem doesn't sound normal and it doesn't sound like something an update will fix. I've never heard about it before. Follow the advice of OutThere and call apple...

A