PDA

View Full Version : Best youtube experience on the ipad

boneskid1
Mar 24, 2013, 10:48 PM
After much thinking i have decided to possibly sell my nexus 7 pick up a ipad of the sort, I picked up my parents ipad 4th gen, just to see how much I liked the ui compared to my nexus 7 and I did like it, i also liked the more abundant amount of tablet optimized apps for the ipad. But the one thing that really dissapointed me was the youtube playback as this will become my primary device for videos and web browsing, it was terribly pixelated/fuzzy compared to my nexus. So I did some research and found that googles new app sucks and i should try McTube. So I did and I was hit with a slow constantly buffering video. (Most likely caused by my router). Others said to try it in the browser so I did but It was still a bit fuzzy. Now seeing how this is not my ipad I cannot not jailbreak it to try out protube.

If wanted I can post the URL to the video I did my tests on.

Thanks,
Boneskid1

P.s. is there supposed to be a 1 inch border on the top and bottom of the screen when view videos full screen. IMO that seems like widescreen more than full screen, I feel cheated lol the screen is beautiful why not make good use of it.

tekboi
Mar 25, 2013, 01:30 AM
I don't know why you're having problems with pixilation and buffering w/ Google's YT app. I have it on my iPad3 and it is fine in my opinion.

Videos are crystal clear.