PDA

View Full Version : IPAD in the TUB?

MEGASKULL
Mar 25, 2013, 12:37 PM
So my question is most likely already answered but after searching this Forum and coming up with not a specific answer to my question.... I am finding myself in need of posting.

I have a IPAD 2 and 3 Iphones of all generations in my home. I have a Western
Digital MyBook Live (It is the one that is Networked). Now the WD MyBook Live
Shares out all my media. It is great as my Samsung TV's and Blu-Ray players are able to browse my home network, see the WD and play Videos and Music from it, And NO PC is required to be on for this to occur.
So WHAT APP? Can I use on my IPAD so I can browse to these video files on my WD so I can watch a movie on my IPAD while I am in the tub?

PS. IPAD is Wallee mounted to a wall away from the tub so it has no chance to fall in ;)

ReallyBigFeet
Mar 26, 2013, 01:43 PM
GoodPlayer streams movies from my NAS to my iPhone/iPad just fine. However, since the AC3 copyright trolls came around, its been neutered and can't render sound from AC3-encoded video files. You'll need to convert them to some other audio codec using Handbrake (slow) or other tools (faster, but I've had synch issues with the others).

No secondary computer acting as a server required (eg Plex, AirVideo, etc.).

Oh and taking that long of a bath? Yuck at bathing in your own filth! :P

DuckSoup
Mar 27, 2013, 10:18 AM
Oh and taking that long of a bath? Yuck at bathing in your own filth! :P

In my long gone tub bathing days, I can recall finishing cleansing myself, then filling the tub with fresh water and just relaxing for a good loooooong time.

Hunter87
Apr 5, 2013, 04:12 PM
So my question is most likely already answered but after searching this Forum and coming up with not a specific answer to my question.... I am finding myself in need of posting.

I have a IPAD 2 and 3 Iphones of all generations in my home. I have a Western
Digital MyBook Live (It is the one that is Networked). Now the WD MyBook Live
Shares out all my media. It is great as my Samsung TV's and Blu-Ray players are able to browse my home network, see the WD and play Videos and Music from it, And NO PC is required to be on for this to occur.
So WHAT APP? Can I use on my IPAD so I can browse to these video files on my WD so I can watch a movie on my IPAD while I am in the tub?

PS. IPAD is Wallee mounted to a wall away from the tub so it has no chance to fall in ;)

Funny, sounds like my case, I also have WD MBL and Samsung 5300 with DLNA. I use ArkMC on iPad and iPhones for watching video from WD NAS. Works good as for me. I use to use 8Player, but now it doesn't support all audio formats, and cannot playback most of my mkvs.

DLNA makes life easier, but there are a lot of concerns about interoperability.