PDA

View Full Version : Brother g3 700 ibook start up prob

martdaman
Oct 20, 2005, 02:41 PM
Hello people wondering if you can help us out with my bro's laptop

The laptop at the moment is faulty what is actully happening is when you turn the laptop on it will give you the apple chime and will go to the grey screen with the apple logo and then the spinning circle thing below the apple logo, then stay there just spinning, but i can hear something trying to boot up then die then try the die and that is just continuing.

It has just had a new hardrive fitted about 2-3 months ago

Any one got any ideas?

Thanks martin

alexprice
Oct 20, 2005, 02:56 PM
Hello people wondering if you can help us out with my bro's laptop

The laptop at the moment is faulty what is actully happening is when you turn the laptop on it will give you the apple chime and will go to the grey screen with the apple logo and then the spinning circle thing below the apple logo, then stay there just spinning, but i can hear something trying to boot up then die then try the die and that is just continuing.

It has just had a new hardrive fitted about 2-3 months ago

Any one got any ideas?

Thanks martin

That sounds like a faulty hard drive, power on the iBook with the apple key and the letter V held down untill you see a black screen with white writing, let go of the keys and see where it stops and post with details

macstudent
Oct 20, 2005, 03:20 PM
it is the logic board. I have the same ibook and I had it replaced for free from apple. Just bring it to an apple store and they will take care of it.

martdaman
Oct 20, 2005, 03:22 PM
Ok this is what i get after the sound dies:

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed, ASC = 0x15, ASCQ = 0x00

And this message will keep on come up after the hardrive tries to boot up but then dies e.g. i now have a long list of about 10 times its tried to boot and 10 lines of that message. I now have that same message, well what i think is the hardrive as the fan is in operation so its not the fan.

Oh wait now it tried checking something then went back to that message then a few minutes later it has turn itself of.

martdaman
Oct 20, 2005, 03:24 PM
Now dosent seem to want to turn on, so might be logic board cause sometimes it turns on sometimes it dont etc.

alexprice
Oct 20, 2005, 05:19 PM
it is the logic board. I have the same ibook and I had it replaced for free from apple. Just bring it to an apple store and they will take care of it.

The logic board wont cause that.

Its the hard disk drive I assure you.

martdaman
Oct 22, 2005, 11:37 AM
so new hardrive in order?