PDA

View Full Version : Song from iTMS video not on my 4G

zelmo
Oct 20, 2005, 03:08 PM
I bought a video from iTMS because I wanted to see the video quality on my PowerBook. I thought that the song might still sync with my 4G 60GB iPod even though the video wouldn't play, but no dice. I feel ripped off (well, not really :p ) that I paid $1.99 for the song/video and can't play the music on my iPod.
Is there a simple, cost-free way to extract the audio file from the video and sync it with a non-video playing iPod?

BornAgainMac
Oct 20, 2005, 03:41 PM
Try iMovie and export to audio only. I believe you can import the sound of a quicktime file into iMovie. Another free way would be to hook the line-out to another computer or tape deck and record the music. For the tape deck, you can play back and record it as a MP3. For the 2nd computer (PC/Mac) you will need something to record the audio and save it to a file.

crazyjoeda
Oct 20, 2005, 04:02 PM
Im not surprised at all that the song doesn't play, your 4G won't be able to recongnise the file formate. Since the music video's are protected im not sure if you can edit them and remove just the sound track and convert it to mp3.