Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikeymike88

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
I currently have the SGP Ultra Thin Air for my black iPhone 5 and love how thin it is. The only problem with it is that it doesn't cover the top/bottom front edge chamfer. I don't know how, but I'm already seeing a few scratches on those edges and would like to prevent that.

Are there any cases out there that are thin but provide full coverage? I don't want anything bulky because I'm not worried about drop protection, mostly just scratch protection. I have looked at the SGP Slim Armor, but I feel like that it still a little bit too bulky. Same with the Belkin Grip Candy line of cases. I really want the thinnest case possible that covers all the edges. Thanks for the help!

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
If the Belkin Grip Candy Sheer isn't thin enough, you may have a tough time finding what you are looking for. Maybe the Power Support Air Jacket?

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Man, if you think the SGP Slim Armor is too bulky then you're basically looking at zero drop protection cases. Try something like the Caudabe Veil. I have the frost version and use it as my main case. It covers three sides and part of the bottom so you don't get full coverage but really close to it. No issues so far.

mikeymike88

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Thanks for the replies guys!

Yeah I want a very minimalist case, something like the Ultra Thin Air, but that covers everything. I'll take a look at the ones you mentioned!

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Don't worry about the drop protection. Nothing is going to protect your phone from a fall except 6" of bubble wrap.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys!

Yeah I want a very minimalist case, something like the Ultra Thin Air, but that covers everything. I'll take a look at the ones you mentioned!

The Poetic Atmosphere is the best thin case I've used with full protection. I like the anker glaze case listed above too but the atmosphere is thinner and just has a perfect feel to it. Only downside is that it’s not the best looking case and it can be a pain the first couple times to remove it. I also like the Tones case by switcheasy. Again not as thin as the atmosphere and doesn’t feel quite as nice to hold but much better looking than the atmosphere. The best looking case I have is the Spigen Linear Metal case but it’s far too slick to use everyday. I’m thinking about trying the powersupport air jacket but that’s a lot to spend on a case especially since I already have over 10.

LoveMyPens

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
This should be the official case for the iPhone 5 don't you think ?? Lol

It's literally the perfect case in my opinion . I went though a lot of cases to find the right one ...

Is this case slick? Read a couple reviews on Amazon that said it was.

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Get the poetic atmosphere in gray, you won't regret it. (I say gray because the orange/white/other colors get dirty and it looks bad. The gray won't change colors).

Thinnest lightest and best case I have ever used. Dropped it many many times even and nothing on my phone. I have never used a case as long as this one.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
I like the 2-piece Anker Glaze case, http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Glaze-...F8&qid=1364396327&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+glaze. Full body protection with a lay on the table lip.

Funny enough, I actually have this and the Caudabe Perimetric. They're really similar, like the Belkin, but the Anker has two problems: (1) the speakerphone holes are covered with tiny holes, and (2) the branding on the side is hideous. The Caudabe Perimetric leaves the speakerphone open, which I like better. And I *really* like how Caudabe tried to blend their logo in a subtle way with the back of the iPhone, rather than making it super flashy.

But honestly, if the OP thinks the Belkin Grip Candy is too thick, then the Caudabe will be too thick as well. I think OP is looking for something more akin to the PowerSupport.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
I've been wanting to purchase the Air Jacket since I first saw it, but the price is so steep. Also, I hear the soft-touch material on the black rubs away after a while.

To those who have this case, how do you feel about the small gap above the headphone port?

LoveMyPens

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
Funny enough, I actually have this and the Caudabe Perimetric. They're really similar, like the Belkin, but the Anker has two problems: (1) the speakerphone holes are covered with tiny holes, and (2) the branding on the side is hideous. The Caudabe Perimetric leaves the speakerphone open, which I like better. And I *really* like how Caudabe tried to blend their logo in a subtle way with the back of the iPhone, rather than making it super flashy.

But honestly, if the OP thinks the Belkin Grip Candy is too thick, then the Caudabe will be too thick as well. I think OP is looking for something more akin to the PowerSupport.

Like the look of the Caudabe. Is that one slick?

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010

#1 isn't really a problem for me. I haven't noticed a change in sound quality. #2, yes not very fond of the logo. If the Perimetric had several small holes for the speaker instead of one large one, it'd probably be the perfect case for me.

NM08SRT8

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2010
Earf
I've been wanting to purchase the Air Jacket since I first saw it, but the price is so steep. Also, I hear the soft-touch material on the black rubs away after a while.

To those who have this case, how do you feel about the small gap above the headphone port?

Small gap is no issue at all. And yes the case is slippery, but that's what being careful is for, right? Lol

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Man, if you think the SGP Slim Armor is too bulky then you're basically looking at zero drop protection cases. Try something like the Caudabe Veil. I have the frost version and use it as my main case. It covers three sides and part of the bottom so you don't get full coverage but really close to it. No issues so far.

Anyone have a review on the Caudabe Veil?

I just cant bring myself to using a case. Hold strong! NO CASE!

Last edited:

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Anyone have a review on the Caudabe Veil?

I just cant bring myself to using a case. Hold strong! NO CASE!

I got one in frost and I like it. It's basically like not having a case at all which I gather is what you want anyway. Super thin and protects from scratches but that's about it. It has a nice matte texture as well so fingerprints don't show.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Ha, yeah that does look similar. Reminds me of the Poetic Atmosphere and the RooCase with the exact same design.

But looks like it's a Chinese seller and takes 12-21 BUSINESS DAYS for delivery? Yikes. I got the Caudabe on Amazon Prime in two days.

And what do you think of it?

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
And what do you think of it?

Think of what? The Caudabe Veil? I like it. It doesn't provide Otterbox drop protection, but that's obvious. I wanted a super thin case that would essentially protect just from scratches and keep the form and look of the iPhone. That's exactly what it does. I've tried skins, but they're a pain to install and they don't cover the chamfered edges. The Caudabe is an easy snap on case. Plus if it breaks, it's cheap enough that I'll just buy another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.