Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karansaraf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
I have sold my MBP on ebay and getting an update.

My current MBP has got Lion installed and I want to format it with a fresh install. I've tried going to the App Store to re-download it but it is no longer appearing in my "Purchases" section and is no longer searchable on the App Store.

Is there any other way I can download it so I can make a boot CD and fresh install on this MBP before sending it out?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I have sold my MBP on ebay and getting an update.

My current MBP has got Lion installed and I want to format it with a fresh install. I've tried going to the App Store to re-download it but it is no longer appearing in my "Purchases" section and is no longer searchable on the App Store.

Is there any other way I can download it so I can make a boot CD and fresh install on this MBP before sending it out?

Odd, it still shows up in my purchase section...Maybe call Apple?

NHProductions

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2013
Belgium
Hello, you can re-install your OS X by pressing CMD + R on start-up.
If you've done that open recovery disk, go to disk utility and erase your entire drive. After that you'll have to "close" the window and you'll be able to select the OS X 10.7.x icon and re-install the operating system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.