Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nxpa76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2013
Hi, I'm having some trouble opening chm files. I have several chm file viewers (chmox, ichm, chm view), but I've been having trouble with certain files. I attached an image so you can see what it looks like when I open the file.
How can I know if there's something wrong with the file itself or if it's something that I can fix in order for it to work properly?

Thanks in advance for all your support, it's an extremely important file for me right now :'/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 11.04.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 11.04.26 AM.png
    211.3 KB · Views: 119

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Hi, I'm having some trouble opening chm files. I have several chm file viewers (chmox, ichm, chm view), but I've been having trouble with certain files. I attached an image so you can see what it looks like when I open the file.
How can I know if there's something wrong with the file itself or if it's something that I can fix in order for it to work properly?

Thanks in advance for all your support, it's an extremely important file for me right now :'/

"This document is a Single File Web Page, also known as a Web Archive file."

Did someone just save a web archive and change the extension? Did you try to download the .chm file
again?

Or looking at it, it appears someone might have tried to convert it from MS word. I'd download again, if that does not work contact whomever you are getting them from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.