Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
Did you actually read the story? It said that it had to drop the gmail name and call it google mail because of some trademark infringement.

In other words, no big deal.

watcher2001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
pivo6 said:
Did you actually read the story? It said that it had to drop the gmail name and call it google mail because of some trademark infringement.

In other words, no big deal.

I realize that it is not a "Big" deal but I thought it was interesting nonetheless. Usually a large company like google would make sure their I's are dotted and their T's are crossed before they even started..Obviously Google failed to do this. That is why I found this story interesting.

By the By.. Are those map coordinates really where you live.. I show them as being on the side of a mountain in mongolia?

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
watcher2001 said:
....By the By.. Are those map coordinates really where you live.. I show them as being on the side of a mountain in mongolia?

Yes they are. However the coordinates are for Brainerd, Minnesota

watcher2001

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
BakedBeans said:
so will my already registered acount change? will people who have me on there buddy lists still be able to reac me at vlllcdkcdkh@gmail.com ?

Yes, you are fine and "Grandfathered" in. If you set up a new account though it will have the @googlemail address.

Edit: How in the heck did you come up with vlllcdkcdkh@gmail.com for an addy... Just randon letters, or does it have meaning?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.