Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Hello, PPC crowd. Well, the day came and I had to sell my iMac and my iPad mini and now have my iBook G4 as my main machine and a 1st gen iPad 32GB wiFi/3G. The problem I am running into is that my iPad is not able to fully load my library and therefore does not play movies on it that I have in iTunes.

I have sharing enabled in iTunes preferences, but is the iBook G4/iPad 1 combo just not enough to get it working?

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Hello, PPC crowd. Well, the day came and I had to sell my iMac and my iPad mini and now have my iBook G4 as my main machine and a 1st gen iPad 32GB wiFi/3G. The problem I am running into is that my iPad is not able to fully load my library and therefore does not play movies on it that I have in iTunes.

I have sharing enabled in iTunes preferences, but is the iBook G4/iPad 1 combo just not enough to get it working?

Hey.

I have a similar set-up; 16GB WiFi-only First Gen iPad. Which app do you use to play videos on your iPad?

I use Downloads Lite (free app) to play videos on my iPad.

Don't know if this it what you're looking for, but here's what I do:

1. Open up iTunes, and select my iPad on the menu to the left.

2. Select "Apps" at the top of the iPad screen in iTunes, and scroll down to "Downloads Lite."

3. Double click on Downloads Lite which displays files on the app in iTunes.

4. Drag and drop the files I want to transfer to the iPad from my iBook.

The files are then available to play on my iPad in the Downloads Lite app. You can also transfer files from iPad-to-iBook this way that won't transfer with iTunes.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Hey.

I have a similar set-up; 16GB WiFi-only First Gen iPad. Which app do you use to play videos on your iPad?

I use Downloads Lite (free app) to play videos on my iPad.

Don't know if this it what you're looking for, but here's what I do:

1. Open up iTunes, and select my iPad on the menu to the left.

2. Select "Apps" at the top of the iPad screen in iTunes, and scroll down to "Downloads Lite."

3. Double click on Downloads Lite which displays files on the app in iTunes.

4. Drag and drop the files I want to transfer to the iPad from my iBook.

The files are then available to play on my iPad in the Downloads Lite app. You can also transfer files from iPad-to-iBook this way that won't transfer with iTunes.

Hi Skateny,

I'm just used to having my iMac and iPad mini and miss them because everything is much slower now. What I mean is that I would like to stream my movies to my iPad from my iTunes library on my iBook.

when I had the other two devices, the shared library would come up, load, and then I could select a movie from the grid layout and watch it. Now, that doesn't work at all.

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Hi Skateny,

I'm just used to having my iMac and iPad mini and miss them because everything is much slower now. What I mean is that I would like to stream my movies to my iPad from my iTunes library on my iBook.

when I had the other two devices, the shared library would come up, load, and then I could select a movie from the grid layout and watch it. Now, that doesn't work at all.

I hear ya.

I don't know if there's a workaround for that.

Hope you find a way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.