PDA

View Full Version : My MacBook Air dropped and dented wont charge

DavidBlack
Mar 27, 2013, 08:48 PM
Hi my MacBook Air dropped and it dented the side and now it won't charge what should I do?

CC424
Mar 27, 2013, 09:09 PM
Ouch! I would take it to the Apple Store!

Mrbobb
Mar 27, 2013, 10:41 PM
If u take it to Apple, they will want to replace the casing, not sure, but at least usd$300 bux?

Can u DIY? This maybe a simple case of twisted metal causing the magsafe to not make proper contact with the jack. A simple, relatively speaking, mechanical issue.

DavidBlack
Mar 28, 2013, 12:20 PM
If u take it to Apple, they will want to replace the casing, not sure, but at least usd$300 bux?

Can u DIY? This maybe a simple case of twisted metal causing the magsafe to not make proper contact with the jack. A simple, relatively speaking, mechanical issue.
Thanks for replying but I don't have a apple store near by

DavidBlack
Mar 28, 2013, 12:24 PM
Btw this is the bottom I really hope it won't be too expensive

AlphaDogg
Mar 28, 2013, 12:27 PM
I really hope it won't be too expensive

That ship has sailed.

DavidBlack
Mar 28, 2013, 12:51 PM
Can anyone give a estimation like between 300-400 dollars

----------

That ship has sailed.

Can anyone give a estimation of the price?

AlphaDogg
Mar 28, 2013, 12:52 PM
Can anyone give a estimation like between 300-400 dollars

----------

Can anyone give a estimation of the price?

I'm thinking around $800, but Apple may have pity on you and do a cheaper flatrate repair of $300.

Mrbobb
Mar 28, 2013, 12:53 PM
Btw this is the bottom I really hope it won't be too expensive

I am not sure what you think this forum is. Tthere is no vendor lurking by ready to take your business.

If you are in Bombay or Tehran, there are lots of Mom&Pop shops who is more than happy to look at it. If you are in the U.S., pretty much Apple$$$ and that's it.

DavidBlack
Mar 28, 2013, 01:00 PM
I am not sure what you think this forum is. Tthere is no vendor lurking by ready to take your business.

If you are in Bombay or Tehran, there are lots of Mom&Pop shops who is more than happy to look at it. If you are in the U.S., pretty much Apple$$$ and that's it.

I am live in Puerto Rico btw is it possible to mail it to apple?

Ashdude
Mar 31, 2013, 12:24 PM
Don't mail it to the US. That would be expensive from Puerto Rico and it would take forever. I googled a place in San Juan that should be able to fix it.

http://www.csspuertorico.com/