PDA

View Full Version : I have to say, I am seriously impressed by my new ibook. seriously.

ninjachild
Dec 12, 2002, 01:54 PM
Man, what a neat little machine,

i am a recent "switcher", and i am just pleased as punch with my new ibook,

using spark ME, and my griffin Imic i can record me mixing from my turntables,
did it at lunch just to test, and i got a half hour of wav @ 16 bit,
only took like 10 seconds to create the waveform view, and still had processor to spare, even when putting live audio into the computer,
i have to admit even my dell 1.6 ghz P4 don't do that.

pretty cool beans, im not sorry i dropped the change on this thing at all,
those who are waiting shouldn't ,

THE 800Mhz ibook is nice machine.

(maybe apple will see this and realize that i should get sponsorship, man im a dork)

Tiauguinho
Dec 12, 2002, 02:07 PM
Congratulations on your recent purchase! Its very good to see someone happy with his mac!Im happy with my macs as well! They are very fine machines and they dont give any sort of problems! take care of yours and he'll take care of you...

jefhatfield
Dec 13, 2002, 07:48 PM
congrats and welcome to the ibook cult;)

Gus
Dec 14, 2002, 01:56 AM
After agonizing over whether to get a used TiBook or the new 800 iBook, I got the iBook, and my sentiments are the same!

Wow, am I impressed with this little machine. I swear that it plays Medal of Honor better than my PowerMac G4/733 did. The PM used to drop frames, and online play was horrible, but this little guy works like a champ! This has got to be the best update to a consumer machine ever from Apple. I think it's more impressive than even the iMac G4. Nice price too. :)

Regards,
Gus

SilvorX
Dec 15, 2002, 06:52 PM
i love the new ibook i got a week ago, :), havent had any problems but now im finally noticing the problems with 128 megs of ram...i tried installing a 512 meg chip earlier today, but the screws were too hard to take off (in the spots where i was supposed to remove them so i can insert the ram) but its a really nice machine :) and i got 57 on xbench with it...

kenkooler
Dec 15, 2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by SilvorX
but the screws were too hard to take off (in the spots where i was supposed to remove them so i can insert the ram)
I had the same problem with a friend's ibook, try pressing the metal lid at the same time you turn the screws.

mymemory
Dec 15, 2002, 07:40 PM
I have a Pismo 500 and is the best, actually I have 2 becuse I'm a VJ. If everything goes fine I may buy 5 iBooks next year!. I like to do network rendering and I have plenty of use for the units in live performance punching video clips in rel time in concerts and rave partys.