PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party PCI Wireless Card Help

allroy
Oct 21, 2005, 10:13 AM
I have a Quicksilver G4 that had a Linksys WMP54g wireless card that used the Broadcom chip which Apples driver supports, well it just died and I heard Linksys no longer uses Broadcom, so I tried Hawking, Belkin G+ and regular Belkin G card (older model works in G5) the past week and none of them work.

So does anyone know what recent cards work or has anyone used an Atheros card with the Orangeware drivers?

Thanks!
-j

superbovine
Oct 21, 2005, 07:12 PM
I have a Quicksilver G4 that had a Linksys WMP54g wireless card that used the Broadcom chip which Apples driver supports, well it just died and I heard Linksys no longer uses Broadcom, so I tried Hawking, Belkin G+ and regular Belkin G card (older model works in G5) the past week and none of them work.

So does anyone know what recent cards work or has anyone used an Atheros card with the Orangeware drivers?

Thanks!
-j

have you looked at buffalo products. i know they make several of the networking equipment for apple?

ITASOR
Oct 21, 2005, 07:35 PM
My motorola one says broadcom on it. No clue what model it is though or if it works in Mac. Try looking at the Motorola ones!

Aliquis
Oct 21, 2005, 08:10 PM
what about USB wireless linkups?