Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevefo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
I would like to get a picture I have to fit my YouTube channel background wallpaper. I have a picture, Is it possible to get it to 2120x1192?

stevefo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
I just send an e-mail to a fellow poster to resize it! Thanks!

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
Why not. If the picture is in a good resolution, attach it to your next post and I can give it a go.

Anyone care whether the OP has permission to use the image?

That's the first thing I'd ask.

Hey! OP! You got permission to use that image?

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
Anyone care whether the OP has permission to use the image?

... or why there are these posts with people needing pics re-sized? I mean, it's not that hard to crop and re-size a picture - I mean, you can even do it with Preview.

iamgalactic

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
Don't be concerned about the copyright--at that size he's using, most people won't wait long enough for the image to load....

Those are the new specs for YoutTube channel backgrounds - they are supplied suitable for retina displays and 16:9 for viewing on HDTV. The OP is correct in his request.

However, there is a lot more to consider with the new YouTube channel design than just the re-sizing an image...

https://www.youtube.com/onechannel

Last edited:

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Loads fine. Permission granted from business owner who took the picture for him personally. Member is new to Macs and does not have the proper program to do what was required. It was a pleasure to help this member, which is what I thought these forums were for. Please feel free correct me if I am wrong. I am always open to learning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.