PDA

View Full Version : Can't install OS X onto internal hard drive iMac G4

Pyjamajamie
Mar 29, 2013, 06:34 PM
Hi everyone, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this but I'm having a problem with my iMac g4.

I bought it cheap and installed Ubuntu on it, but (idiotically) when I installed it i completely reformatted the internal hard drive. Now I'm trying to install osx again through the grey software restore disks but it can't recognize the hard drive. I've managed to use gparted on a livecd to remove the Linux partition so now the hard drive is completely blank and now I have no idea what to do.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

MisterKeeks
Mar 29, 2013, 07:33 PM
Once booted, go to Utilities> Disk Utility, and erase the disk from there.

Pyjamajamie
Mar 29, 2013, 07:42 PM
The problem is now there is no os on there, I just get the question mark folder

PowerPCMacMan
Mar 29, 2013, 07:44 PM
If you have the install disc, leopard or tiger.. boot from that and go into disk utility to erase the drive.. then install MAC OS X..

If you don't have such a disk.. email me and I will help you out..

Peace..

PPCMM
:apple:

The problem is now there is no os on there, I just get the question mark folder

Pyjamajamie
Mar 29, 2013, 09:33 PM
Sweet, thank you so much. I can't send you a message yet since I'm a new member but I will ASAP. Also thanks to you MisterKeeks for your reply. I'm excited to see if this works. :D

PowerPCMacMan
Mar 29, 2013, 09:37 PM
Ask Misterkeeks for my info.. he can send it to you.. Let me know if you still need it.

PPCMM

Sweet, thank you so much. I can't send you a message yet since I'm a new member but I will ASAP. Also thanks to you MisterKeeks for your reply. I'm excited to see if this works. :D

MisterKeeks
Mar 29, 2013, 10:46 PM
Ask Misterkeeks for my info.. he can send it to you.. Let me know if you still need it.

PPCMM

Huh?

The OP just needs 5 posts and he'll be able to PM.

Pyjamajamie
Mar 29, 2013, 10:55 PM
oh

----------

thanks

MisterKeeks
Mar 29, 2013, 11:35 PM
oh

----------

thanks

Nice try ;). The forum software automatically merges posts in a short period of time by the same person, so you still have 1 left.

Pyjamajamie
Mar 29, 2013, 11:43 PM
Yea I noticed that haha ...sneaaaakky website