PDA

View Full Version : new here and to have an ipod...question

Whoa289
Oct 21, 2005, 04:14 PM
so yes im new here, and i just got an ipod like two weeks ago. i have a question.

is there any way to delete your songs on your itunes library, and when you connect your ipod back to the computer that it WONT delete the songs on your ipod because the library is full?

ALSO

if i connect my ipod to another computer that has itunes but not the same songs that i have on my ipod will it delete my songs from my ipod... if so can i change that to make it so it doesnt happen?

thanks alot!!!!

wPod
Oct 21, 2005, 04:24 PM
You just have to tell the iPod not to automatically update. (it will always ask if you want to sync with the new computer if you plug it into a computer that is not yours, just say no)

when your iPod is plugged in there will be a new icon in the bottom right of iTunes, the new button looks like an iPod. Click the button.

a new window will pop up allowing you to change the settings for your iPod. you can either automatically sync EVERYTHING, or select certain playlists, or manually update.

it sounds like you want to manually update. then nothing will happen when you plug in your iPod (other than it showing up that it is connected) then just drag over the songs or playlists that you want to the iPod icon on the left menu and you will be all set!!!